La Casa Azul Bookstore is THREE!
Saturday, June 6
11:00am – 4:00pm
Music, face paint, art making, AND storytelling by local authors and illustrators:
- Carla Torres, author of Larry and Friends
- Jake Perez, author of Sweet Coco: Chocolate Maker’s Apprentice
- Kathleen Benson, author of Draw What You See, The Life and Art of Benny Andrews
- Raquel M. Ortiz, author of Sofi and the Magic, Musical Mural
- Renee Watson, author of Harlem’s Little Blackbird, What Momma Left Me, This Side of Home
- Sonia Manzano, author of The Revolution of Evelyn Serrano, No Dogs Allowed!, A Box Full of Kittens
- Dance performance by Forza Malizia Dance Company
Art making and activities by:
- El Museo del Barrio
- New York Public Library
- Total Equity Now
- Women in Comics NYC Collective
AND….visits by many local authors and artists, includingAngela Dominguez, Dahlma Llanos Figueroa, Jose Angel Figueroa, Leenda Bonilla, Manuel Melendez, Maria Aponte, Raquel Penzo, Rigoberto Gonzalez, Vicky Grise y mas!
The celebration continues tomorrow with a special collage making class!
Sunday, June 7
2:00pm – 3:30pm
Create one-of-a kind collage artwork inspired by artist Frida Kahlo. The class is perfect for beginners!
It’s also a great way to decorate your apartment because you are sure to go home with a painting you can be proud of.
All materials are provided. However, you can bring materials to personalize your artwork if desired.
Class fee: $25.
La Casa Azul Bookstore
143 E. 103rd St
El Barrio, NY 10029
Wednesday – Saturday
12:00pm – 8:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Free family concert by New York City Mariachi
This performance and workshop will provide professional instrumental demonstrations and performance etiquette, while enhancing repertoire that emphasizes the traditional and popular mariachi music forms, including sones, rancheras, huapangos, boleros and more!
Join us for a live music performance by Mariachi Tapatio de Alvaro Paulino!
Event will include a book reading of “El Mejor Mariachi Del Mundo“.